Oxidant and organic peroxide transportation safety management
Issuing time:2019-07-15 17:11
The main risks of oxidants and organic peroxides are: oxidizing or combustion-supporting, explosive, toxic and corrosive.Of course, its danger mainly depends on the substance itself (internal cause), but the generation of its danger must have certain external conditions (external cause) to occur.Therefore, as long as we understand and grasp their changing conditions, and take appropriate measures against these conditions, to ensure the safety of transportation loading and unloading.
1.Preparation before loading
(1) the cargo compartment, machinery, tools and equipment and the operating place shall be inspected, and there shall not be any residue of acids, coal, wood, sulfur, phosphorus and other combustibles, so as to prevent the combustion or even explosion caused by chemical reaction.
(2) when loading organic peroxides that need temperature control, check the good condition of vehicle temperature control refrigeration system or avoid higher ambient temperature.Refrigerant should not use liquid air and liquid oxygen.
(3) take tarpaulin cloth, rope and other necessary tools and equipment.
(4) carefully check the intact condition of the package before operation, and pay special attention to the following points:
(1) the liner between the inner packing and outer packing of the packaging should be properly secured, to ensure that the inner packing must not become loose, the liner materials can not use combustible soft materials (such as straw, wood chips, paper chips, etc.).
(2) organic peroxide packaging container must be airtight seal, to ensure that the added inhibitor or stabilizer does not volatilize or loss, and should be marked on the packaging appearance "added inhibitor" or "added stabilizer".
(3) liquid cargo packaging, packaging containers should be left with not less than 5% of the expansion, in case of transport process due to temperature rise caused by solvent expansion, resulting in overflow leakage or container damage.
(4) with vent packaging (such as hydrogen peroxide), must effectively send out gas within a certain limit, vent device should be higher than the liquid level, to ensure that in any case, also can not spill or enter impurities, more can not hinder the ventilation device play a role.
(5) the oxidant in bags must be packed in such a way as to protect the goods from moisture and prevent them from dissolving or clumping.
(1) the loading and unloading place should be away from the fire, heat source, night should use explosion-proof lamps.Light sensitive items to take shading measures to avoid light.
(2) the operation can not be used easy to spark tools, avoid impact, vibration, upside down, must be light, light unloading, put firmly tied, packaging should be neat, avoid moving friction, and prevent damp.
(3) with steel drum packaging strong oxidant such as potassium chlorate, etc.When stacking must be done, there must be safety padding between packages.
(4) rain, snow loading and unloading water easily decomposed oxidant (such as sodium peroxide, potassium peroxide, bleaching powder essence, insurance powder, etc.), must have waterproof conditions before loading and unloading operations.After loading, the tarpaulin must be tightly sealed to prevent the goods from moisture.
(5) bagged oxidant operation is strictly prohibited to use hand hook;Do not roll over oxidizer spatters when using a trolley to prevent fire by rubbing under pressure.
6 oxidant on other goods of strong sensitivity, so with the vast majority of organic peroxide, organic matter, fuel, acid goods are strictly prohibited with the car shipment.Even if it is an oxidant, due to its different oxidation performance, it is not allowed to be mixed with the car. If hypochlorite and nitrate or other oxidants are not allowed to be mixed with the car, effective isolation measures should be taken before transportation.
3.Matters needing attention in transportation
(1) according to the characteristics of the loaded goods and road conditions, strict control of speed, to prevent the goods from violent vibration, friction.
(2) need to control the temperature of the organic peroxide in transit should regularly check the operation of refrigeration equipment should be timely troubleshooting found fault.
(3) midway stop, should be far away from the heat source and ignition site, temporary parking or overnight accommodation on the way, the vehicle should be in charge of.
(4) heavy load vehicle fault, maintenance should be strictly controlled open fire operation.People are not allowed to leave the car, to pay attention to the surrounding environment is safe, found problems should be taken timely measures.
4.Fire fighting method and leakage treatment
(1) fire-fighting method
(1) when a fire, organic peroxide, metal peroxide can not be put out with water, because this kind of things and water reaction can generate oxygen and help combustion, to expand the fire, can only be put out with sand, dry powder, carbon dioxide extinguishing agent.The agent in the foam extinguisher is aqueous solution, so it is also prohibited.
(2) most of the rest of the oxidant can be put out with water, powder items with fog water.
(3) in the fight, to be equipped with an appropriate gas mask to prevent poisoning.In the absence of a gas mask, the general mask can be used with 5% sodium bicarbonate solution immersion, because the effective time is short, must be replaced at any time.
(2) spill treatment
In the process of loading and unloading, due to poor packaging or improper operation, resulting in leakage of oxidant, should be gently swept up, another package.These oxidants, which have been swept up from the ground and repackaged, shall not be shipped with the vehicle due to contact with air or mixed with impurities such as combustibles. In order to prevent changes, they shall be left in the proper place of the delivery place, including a small amount of oxidants or residues that have been spilled, which shall be cleaned and separately disposed of.